Find Central Heating for Your Every Need
Get quotes from approved central heating professionals
Get Your FREE Central Heating Quotation
Most houses have central heating, but if yours doesn’t, it’s worth making this a home improvement priority. Equally, if you’re system is an old one, then replacing it now before it becomes an expensive problem is the right thing to do.
As well as keeping you and your family comfortable in the cold weather, a high efficiency boiler and heating system with good controls can save you up to around 30% on your bills per year. You’ll also recoup the cost of installation if you come to sell your house in the near future – many buyers are put off by homes without central heating, preferring to avoid having to install it themselves.
Whether you’re considering installing your first central heating system or replacing your old one, make sure you consult a professional company. They’ll be able to give you the low down on the different products on the market and fill you in on energy efficiency whilst keeping your home toasty in the winter.
The good news is that central heating is not just about boring white radiators – the number of heating options on the market has increased enormously over the past few years. So you should be able to find a solution that suits you and your home relatively easily.
- According to the Energy Saving Trust the current lifespan of a boiler is approximately 10-15 years, so don’t expect it to last forever.
- Regular servicing can help to keep a boiler running efficiently.
- Consult the professionals. A central heating specialist will advise on style, practicalities and energy saving.
- Check the Gas Safe Register site to find a registered installer.
- Check the credentials of the company you use.
- Installing a central heating system can be disruptive, so be prepared for some upheaval.
- Assess the options for financing your project.